We are looking for an experienced Ministry Team Leader with a pastoral heart who is inclusive, discerning, flexible, approachable and faithful who will enable Mornington Church of Christ to enter into a new season of community life and growth.
The candidate must be accredited and endorsed by Churches of Christ Victoria/Tasmania.
We are seeking someone to lead us in developing ministry responses to the deeply held values of the church:
Loving and Accepting one another by journeying together in life
- building a multigenerational community
- encouraging and connecting with Op Shop volunteers and contacts
- enabling appropriate responses to the issues in our neighbourhood
- recognising and developing points of connection and hospitality
Living and Growing in spiritual maturity through worship, scripture and relationships
- demonstrating deep biblical understanding, relevant and life related preaching/teaching
- continuing to develop flexible, creative, informal worship
- catering for discipleship at different stages
- developing small groups
Nurturing those in our care with prayer, generosity and compassion
- actively engaged in and building pastoral care in the church
- growing a deepening awareness of spiritual gifts within the church and mobilising these in ministry
- modelling and encouraging a prayerful response to the mission and ministry of the church
Connecting with and giving to our local neighbourhoods in experimental and practical ways
- participating in local community networks (incl: Fusion and others as appropriate).
- assisting in the continued development of an effective online presence
- exploring effective avenues for growing neighbourhood awareness of the Mornington Church of Christ
- developing neighbourhood events throughout the year
Competency with or experience in social media/technology and music are desirable qualities.
Expressions of Interest:
To indicate interest and begin a conversation please enquire to CCVT Communities Team Leader Michael Vanderree via email@example.com.
Following promising initial conversations and with mutual agreement, a formal interview and a request for 3 referees will be part of the application process.
Applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.