Close this search box.

Marriage Licence

Marriage licences are made available to Ministers in affiliated communities through application by the affiliated community.

Anyone who receives a marriage licence must be an Accredited Minister with CCVT. Please note the CCVT Marriage Celebrants Policy is currently being revised to align with the Accreditation and Endorsement of People in Ministry Policy.

In addition to being Accredited, to seek a marriage licence Ministers need to:

  • provide a letter from your church or agency supporting your application for a marriage licence;
  • complete a Marriage Celebrant Training Seminar (run jointly with BUV. For dates and to register click here); and
  • complete a nomination form, which can be requested from CCVT by contacting the Leadership Team or calling 03 9488 8800.

Conducting A Marriage

A Minister of Religion holding a marriage licence with Churches of Christ must conduct a marriage according to the Marriage Act 1961. Within the requirements of the Marriage Act 1961 a Minister of Religion holding a marriage licence with CCVT must conduct the marriage according to the Marriage Rites of Churches of Christ

Marriage licences and the registering of marriages is administered through Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages (BDM) in either Victoria or Tasmania. Any queries regarding marriage documentation should be directed the Leadership team through or by calling 9488 8800 or to BDM in the relevant State.

Explore Becoming a CCVT minister

Skip to content